Pages Menu
TwitterFacebook
Categories Menu
FORUM

FORUM

Welcome to the Objective Europa forum for general debate and discussions in areas related to a crewed mission to Jovian moon Europa. Suggestions and ideas in the forum will not be filed as part of the research in phase-I.

• If you have not registered for the forum, please do so (see login link below).
  • Please browse through the topics to find a relevant space for your input.
  • Posting image concepts, links to relevant Europa topics and video are encouraged.
  • We encourage you or others to gather your concepts and ideas from this forum in reports for phase-I.
  • Contact via forum-email if you have suggestions for additional topics or categories.
  • Flaming, trolling and libel activity are cause for immediate post deletion and login denial.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Objective Europa video game

Baglison
Europa Dreamer
Objective Europa video game
on: February 8, 2017, 10:06

I recently saw that this project is basicly dead, and I think that we should interest more people in it. It could be done by making a video game. It should give us some money for the mission, too.
If someone would like the idea, please let me know about it, and then I will start writing GDD for it.

vonB
Administrator
Re: Objective Europa video game
on: March 1, 2017, 08:47

Sounds like an interesting idea. But I guess its not easy to make a game. What goes into the GDD. Time and specs?

cronoik
Administrator
on: March 22, 2017, 20:16

Hi,
I also think that this sounds like an interesting, but I don't think it is a good starting point to develop a game to raise some money for OE. What OE currently needs are people who are interested to do some research. This is the main idea behind OE (crowd researching). What kind of game do you have in mind? Should it be related to OE or do you want to mention OE in the credits?
When you are looking for help, want to make an open source game and I like the idea, I'm willing to help you programming the game.

@vonB: GDD (Game Design Document) Is especially for the specs [1].

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_design_document#Content

Baglison
Europa Dreamer
on: April 2, 2017, 11:03

I thought of making a RPG/Simulation game about OE. Player is an astronaut on a first mission to Europa, and he/she builds the outpost, repairs things, maybe conducts research on Europa's life?

cronoik
Administrator
on: April 28, 2017, 22:21

That sounds like a good idea. Do you want to make it an open source game? Which plattforms do you want to support?

Baglison
Europa Dreamer
on: April 30, 2017, 13:44

No, I'd like to sell it on Steam (all the money would go for the mission), in Unity Standalone build for Mac, PC and Linux.

vonB
Administrator
on: May 3, 2017, 20:55

Hey there. No doubt we need to revive the site and project. Personally, I don't think it's possible any near term or without payment to create a game anyone would pay for. But I could be mistaken. However, I like the idea to make it somehow open so people can add modules,systems design and missions. Either it should be free simply creating awareness or the income should go to someone who will keep the site active daily or weekly. What do you think about this?

Baglison
Europa Dreamer
on: May 11, 2017, 15:58

Well, I think that our priority is to revive the project, so yes, you're right. It should be free.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press and SOFTthemes | Sponsored by Sasina Therapy
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.